UKRI Interdisciplinary Centre for Circular Chemical Economy Summer School
The UKRI Interdisciplinary Centre for Circular Chemical Economy is hosting a Summer School which will take place at Newcastle University 6th – 8th September 2022.
What to expect:
- Opportunities to network and socialise with early career researchers, centre academics and industry partners working in the circular economy of chemicals space.
- A line-up of high-profile, expert speakers from industry and academia who will deliver high quality training, presenting case studies, tools or methods.
- Varied schedule featuring a panel discussion, audience Q&A and a poster showcase.
- Wider academic training for early career researchers with opportunities to learn about publishing, supply chain and blockchain technology.
- Opportunities for industry partners to establish links with the Centre for funding calls.
- Speakers confirmed from Croda, BASF, CPI, Net Zero Bankers and the RSC.
- Sessions will run from midday on 6th September through to midday on 8th September.
- Places are limited so please book as soon as we open registration to avoid disappointment.
Abstract submissions for poster presentations can also be submitted via the registration form (deadline is 31st July 2022).
By rail: The main city railway station is Newcastle Central Station, which is on the East Coast mainline route from London (~3 hrs) to Edinburgh, as well as various cross country routes.
By air: Newcastle Airport is located about seven miles north west of Newcastle city centre. Official airport taxis pick up and drop off outside the terminal.
Airport Taxis / Five Star Taxis 0191 2220555 / Blueline Taxis 0191 2626666.
The local Metro takes about 25 minutes from the airport to the city centre.
Buses run to Newcastle city centre and the University from the airport entrance. To plan a bus journey from the airport see the Traveline website.
The Summer School will take place in the Urban Science Building (circled in red). The recommended hotel is the Sandman Signature located less two minutes walk from the venue (red arrow on map).
We hope you are able to join us for this event and look forward to welcoming you to Newcastle University.
Deadline for registration is 31st July 2022 please use the booking link below.