ONE IMAGE – PHOTO COMPETITION 2021
We are delighted to invite all early-career researchers (Doctoral candidates and PostDocs) at the UKRI National Interdisciplinary Centre for Circular Chemical Economy to participate in our first photo competition entitled: ‘One Image’
To help CicularChem’s early-career researchers showcase their work and promote the Centre to a wider audience, we welcome you to submit One Image that describes your research.
The image needs to be accompanied by an abstract explaining how it is embedded into your research. We are looking for creative and informative entries which will be assessed based on two key criteria: they should be aesthetically pleasing and convey the message innovatively.
In addition to making your research more accessible to a global audience there are also prizes to be won by three of the best entries!
- Best Image – where the image captures the audience and they are keen to find out more.
- Best Description – where the information is simple to understand and interesting to read.
- Best Overall Entry – where the combination of the description and image clearly conveys the relevance of the research to the public.
- Open to all Early-career researchers and Doctoral students affiliated with the UKRI National Interdisciplinary Centre for Circular Chemical Economy.
- The image or infographic needs to be original and belong to the submitting individual.
- Send us a single image and an accompanying abstract of 800 (max) characters with the picture title.
- Winning entries will receive an Amazon gift voucher worth £150 each and will be chosen by members of the Project Board.
- By entering the competition, you grant the UKRI National Interdisciplinary Centre for Circular Chemical Economy a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose to further its aims and objectives.
How to enter:
- Please send your entries by 31st January, 2022.
- All entries must be submitted via email to email@example.com
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- Technical requirements: Entries should be no larger than 10MB and be at least 300dpi, and should be submitted as either JPEG or TIFF files with no watermarks, signatures or borders included.